Councillors, in effect directors of the company, serve two-year terms. Retiring councillors are eligible for reappointment.
The council must, by statute, appoint an honorary treasurer and a secretary. The former must be a member of a member society; the latter need not be.
Councillors with terms until late 2014 are:
- Chair, Owen Kavanagh, New South Wales
- Robin Bennett AE, Deputy Chair, Queensland
- Alan Cummine, Canberra, ACT
- Susan Rintoul DE, South Australia
- Charles Houen, Victoria
- Jo Smith AE, Western Australia
- Elizabeth Spiegel AE, Tasmania
Charles Houen is the company secretary.