The national biennial conference, hosted in turn by member societies, is IPEd's most important professional development activity.
Other IPEd professional development activities include:
- running training workshops for the accreditation exams
- promoting the professional development and training activities of the member societies
- publishing occasional papers on matters of interest to the profession
- making available on this website a list of education and training providers in editing
- promoting and sponsoring seminars and workshops in editing and related areas.
Each member society also conducts a program of training workshops and seminars according to the needs of its members. See our events page or contact your local society of editors.