In 2003, the Council of Australian Societies of Editors (CASE) began a program of biennial national conferences hosted by the state societies with the first held in Brisbane. Since IPEd’s establishment, these have been named IPEd conferences, managed in turn by one of IPEd’s branches. The conferences which have been held to date are listed below.
Editors from across Australia and overseas, gather to share ideas. The conferences have promoted contact among editors, increased research and development in the profession, and strengthened the branches by developing their management skills and attracting members.
To access papers from the conferences on this website, click on the links below.
- 2015 Australian Conference for Editors, Indexers and Publishing Professionals, run in conjunction with the 7th IPEd National Editors Conference
Canberra, 2015, 'write | edit | index
- 6th IPEd National Editors Conference
Fremantle, 2013, ‘Editing across borders’
- 5th National Editors Conference
Sydney, 2011, ‘New horizons for editing and publishing’
- 4th IPEd National Editors Conference
Adelaide, 2009, ‘Getting the message across’
- 3rd IPEd National Editors Conference
Hobart, 2007, ‘From inspiration to publication’
- 2nd National Editors Conference
Melbourne, 2005, ‘Editing in context’
- 1st National Editors Conference
Brisbane, 2003, ‘After Gutenberg and Gates: gazing into the e-future’